LAKE TITICACA TOUR 1 DAY | UROS AND TAQUILE ISLAND
As one of the most important and traditional experiences in the country, visiting Lake Titicaca should be one of our main points of visit. This is not only a natural space but also a traditional one since the people who live in the same lake are families that inherit the tradition and the totora plots that makes their life even more incredible.
PERU TOP EXPERIENCE is one of the few companies that offers you this experience safely considering all the important details such as income, transportation and others that give us the certainty that everything is completely coordinated.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- Get to know the incredible artificial islands of Uros.
- Taste the delicious traditional cuisine of Taquile.
- Live a traditional experience with local people.
06:40 – 07:00 Pick up from your hotel to join the group and begin the experience heading to the port to board our boat.
07:20 – 11:00 We start in our boat first heading to the artificial islands of Uros where we will learn more about their traditional life and how they originated. At the end we continue in our boat to reach the island of Taquile.
11:20 – 14:30 Upon arrival we are welcomed by the community, we take advantage of the free time to have lunch and taste its exquisite cuisine, then we visit the town and the upper part of the island to see the archaeological center.
14:30 – 16:00 At the end we return to the city of Puno, where the transport awaits us to take us to our hotel.
- Tourist transport: Hotel – Port – Hotel
- Transportation by boat: Port – Uros – Taquile – Port
- Entrance ticket : Lake Titicaca
- Professional tour guide
- Food: Traditional lunch on the island
- Personal expenses and tips
- Food not mentioned
- When visiting the lake, do all the extra activities that we have, it is an experience like no other that you will not find anywhere in the world.
- Buying products from the island assures us that we are contributing to its improvement.
What entrance tickets are the ones we will use during the experience?
For this experience we will use the entrance tickets for Lake Titicaca itself, this is maintained in constant maintenance to ensure that the experience is as traditional and comfortable as possible.
How should I pack my luggage?
Being at a considerable height, the cold is imminent, so it is extremely important to wear warm clothes, even when the sun is high, we will feel the freezing cold. A hat is never too much and a scarf, if we carry a small backpack we can store it whenever necessary.
How many people participate in the service?
Regularly in our experience between 15 to 20 people participate, the group can naturally be smaller, however it is the average amount. We ensure that it is not so big with the intention that the experience is personalized.
What to Bring
- Identity document (ID or Passport).
- Day pack and personal equipment:
- Hat and sunglasses
- Mosquito repellent
- Light clothing during the day
- Warm clothes for the night
- Water in canteen
- Cash for personal purchases
- Photographic camera
- Rain poncho (Recommended for rainy season).